What is Charity Labs?
Charity Labs is an online hub of video e-learning courses for the charity and not-for-profit sector. We know that accessing charity training courses can sometimes be cost and time prohibitive, so we created Charity Labs so you can study at your own pace, anywhere, anytime. And best of all is that Charity Labs is completely free to Australian Youth Mentoring Network (AYMN) members or available by subscription.
Charity Labs, managed by the Australian Youth Mentoring Network, is also the place for people working in the not-for-profit sector to learn and share what they know with others. It’s also the place where you can access all your charity training needs. Whether you work in a large charity, are setting up your own social enterprise or are helping out your local community group, this site is for you. Whatever your organisation or role within it, if you want information, to update your skills or to talk to others in similar situations, you’ve come to the right place for all your charity training needs.
Our online charity training courses
Our charity and not-for-profit training courses cover topics including bid writing, volunteer management, governance, social media, management, and risk assessment. If there’s a topic you want us to cover, simply tell us and we’ll consider it when we’re making new courses. View all our courses.
How much does it cost?
Charity Labs is free to AYMN members. If you’re part of an AYMN member organisation, simply sign in to access your free courses. Alternatively, you can subscribe (you’ll be taken to the AYMN site) to Charity Labs from as little as $150.
Become a Charity Labs trainer
By sharing their knowledge, our trainers reach a broad audience of programs through AYMN’s membership and social media. If you have an idea for a Charity Labs training course you could deliver, please contact Charity Labs.
New to Charity Labs?
- Find out about Charity Labs and how we’re helping the not-for-profit sector flourish through our online charity training courses.
- Take a look at our contents list of online resources to view the many ways Charity Labs can help your charity or non profit organisation.
- Don’t forget our wiki pages either. Alongside our online charity training courses all active Charity Labs members are encouraged to collaborate and share their knowledge with others by creating new articles or supplementing existing ones. All contributions are very welcome. Thank you!
Keep up-to-date with Charity Labs
- You can also follow us on Twitter. Follow the @charity_labs address for all site and sector updates.
- Sign up to our regular newsletter when you register with Charity Labs.
The Charity Labs Community
- Charity Labs is a growing community of nonprofit people sharing their questions and experiences. Everyone is welcome to join and everyone has something useful to contribute. Have your say in a forum, comment on a page or ask your own question.
- We are also keen to find people / organisations who want to share their experiences by writing or editing a how-to guide, delivering an online charity training course, writing a case study, or facilitating discussions. Find out how you can get involved in the development of this site by contacting us.
- We are always working to improve Charity Labs. Please contact us with your comments.
Help us spread the word
As we’re still quite new, there are lots of people who don’t know about Charity Labs and our online charity training courses. Help us to spread the word:
- add a link from your website / intranet / blog
- click on a ‘share this’ link on any of our pages
- tweet about us:@charity_labs – everything you need to run a nonprofit. #charity #socent
- talk about us in your newsletter (we can give you text)
- add Charity Labs to your email signature
- ask us for Charity Labs promotional leaflets and cards to give to your contacts.
- We can also help you work collaboratively with your partners or deliver your services more effectively.
- To discuss working in partnership with Charity Labs please contact us.
Who We Are
- Charity Labs is part of the Australian Youth Mentoring Network (AYMN). The AYMN was awarded a grant for the project by Un Ltd in 2015. The Australian Youth Mentoring Network, Australia’s peak mentoring body, is a national hub for youth mentoring research, tools and resources. We work with interested youth mentoring organisations and practitioners to foster the growth and development of high quality mentoring programs for young people in Australia by providing a national base of collaboration, support, guidance and expertise.
- By joining Charity Labs you’ll not only get access to our online charity training courses, you’ll also get free membership to the AYMN.
- We are a small project team working with lots of great people to make this site a useful and interesting resource.